Orora integrates the principles of sustainable packaging design into its approach to innovation and design.
The sustainable packaging design principles focus on:
- Fit-for-purpose: accessibility, transport, information.
- Low impact materials: recyclability, responsible and ethical sourcing.
- Resource efficiency: recycled content, manufacturing.
- Resource recovery: end-of-life solutions.
In Australia, Orora is a signatory to the Australian Packaging Covenant (APC), which supports collaboration between brand owners, packaging manufacturers, supply chains and other stakeholders to deliver its three strategic goals, which are:
- Sustainable packaging design.
- Improved recycling rates.
- Improved product stewardship.
Orora is implementing its APC Action Plan and reports on its progress annually.